We are seeking a Chief Operating Officer to provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure the company has the proper operational control, administrative and reporting procedures. This role is also expected to have the right people in place to effectively grow the organization while ensuring financial strength and operating efficiency. The COO accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the mission and vision of the company. This position oversees the day-to-day operations and controls of client services.
Location: Minneapolis, MN or Brainerd, MN
ABOUT GOLDLEAF PARTNERS
The Goldleaf Partners team knows that we can affect people’s businesses and futures and we take that responsibility seriously. That is why we take pride in choosing only the best people to call our own.
Headquartered in Minnesota, our people approach their work, their customers, and each other with the values that are honored at our company:
- Integrity – Being accountable for delivering accurate results and exceeding expectations
- Communication – Being proactive and respectful, focused on understanding our stakeholders’ needs
- Innovation – Learning, sharing ideas and focusing on solutions
- Character – Being honest and thankful in all we do, living the golden rule
We invite you to browse this site to learn more about the Goldleaf Partners team, the services we provide, and why we are known as The Gold Standard in our industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth, helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Assess risk and minimize exposure or liability regarding operational controls
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed; prepare detailed current and forecasting reports
- Recognize opportunities for improvement and growth to ensure client satisfaction
- Handle escalated issues in a timely manner, researching and providing feedback and/or potential solutions
- Ensure all operational policies, processes and procedures are current and documented
- Provide effective training, guidance, motivation and support necessary to foster results in line with the department objectives and client expectations
- Implement processes and systems that will improve productivity, resulting in cost savings
- Develop and execute strategies that support organizational goals, to include, but not limited to, develop employees, improve client retention, increase efficiencies and processes, and increase of sales
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention of employees
- Drafting and deliver performance appraisals, and pay reviews for subordinate staff
- Responsible for the planning, analysis, and reconciliation of annual retirement, fiduciary, benefits and payroll services department operating budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- 5-10+ years related experience in a service industry
- Strong leadership experience that demonstrates accountability, process improvement and team development
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong information systems skills in establishing collateral subsystems and formats that improve efficiency, accuracy and productivity
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Exhibit superior customer service
- Strong working knowledge of business procedures, accounting and finance
- Experience with M-Files
- Experience in account relationship management
- Relius, FT Williams and Salesforce systems experience
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer competitive salaries with sales incentives and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurances, an FSA, an employer-funded HSA or HRA, 401(k) with a company match, paid-holidays, PTO, and education reimbursement.
Send your resume in PDF or WORD format to email@example.com with your salary requirements.
Goldleaf Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and happy workforce.